Your content is being generated for you. Please wait...
(this can take up to 30 seconds)
Auctioneer Terms and Conditions
JEFFERYS AUCTIONS LTD
GENERAL CONDITIONS OF SALE
NO CARD PAYMENTS TAKEN OVER THE PHONE
BANK TRANSFER ONLY IF THE PURCHASER IS NOT PRESENT
1. The highest approved bidder shall be accepted to be the purchaser. If any dispute arises the Auctioneer shall have absolute discretion to settle it and to re-offer the lot. Jefferys Auctions act as agents only, they have full discretion to refuse any bidding, to divide any lot, to combine any two lots or more lots and to withdraw any lot or lots from the sale without in any case giving any reason.
2. The bidding to be regulated by the Auctioneer and no bid shall be retracted after being accepted as such by him.
3. All lots shall be at the purchaser’s risk immediately at the fall of the hammer.
4. All lots are put up for sale subject to any reserve price imposed by the vendor or to the right of the seller to bid either personally or by one person (who may be the Auctioneer).
5. All lots shall be taken with faults, defects, errors of description, if any, and not to be removed without payment or permission from the Auctioneer. A Condition Report must be requested by the buyer.
6. The purchase money together with the buyers commission of 20% inclusive of VAT at the standard rate on every £ or part of a £ to be paid immediately at the close of the sale, or before the lot is removed. VAT on any goods will only be charged when being sold for a VAT registered Vendor.
There is a 4.95% plus VAT additional charge for online buyers via the Saleroom.com
Non-payment or delayed payment will result in additional administration charges at the Auctioneers discretion. Bad debtor’s details will be shared with other Auction Houses and no future bids will be accepted.
7. Payment to be made by Cash, Bank Transfer or Debit Card - NO CREDIT CARDS (card payments must be in person only not over the telephone or any other format).
8. Upon failure to comply with these conditions the Lot or Lots shall be resold by Public Sales as the Auctioneer thinks fit and the deficiency, if any, together with all charges attending the resale shall be made good by the defaulter of the present sale who shall have no claims to any surplus that may arise, as for liquidated damages.
9. All items must be paid for and collected in person or by a representative on your behalf within a ‘reasonable period’ to avoid additional storage charges. This additional charge will come into effect after 10 days.
10. Returning of Goods; In the unlikely event that the goods need to be returned due to any error in description and in agreement with the Auctioneer we must be notified immediately. We have a 7 to 10 day Notice Period from the sale date to notify us of a problem. Slow payment & Collection will prejudice your chance of returning items.
Auctioneer Shipping Policy
Jefferys Auctions Ltd.
Before bidding we request you speak to the Auction House to confirm if your lot of interest can be posted. We do not have a local Post Office in our town so smaller items are manageable but others possible not.
• We generally only post small items of jewellery, coins, silver trinkets etc. to UK address. If postage is required to go abroad then a disclaimer is needed ‘at purchasers own risk.’
• Watches will need a disclaimer emailed due to the glass face not being covered by insurance.
• No ceramics, glass or breakable items can be posted. Again if the purchaser sends a disclaimer and the items are small then we can consider this.
• No knives or weapons can be posted
• Purchasers to double check the address we have on the invoice is their postage address. If it’s different you MUST email us the amended address.
• There will always be an ‘exception’ we are happy have to look at any lots individually.